Registered Nurse, Home Care RN EveningsApply Now
Location: Westfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is Seeking a Full-Time Home Care Registered Nurse for Evenings
What You Will Do:
- Performing nursing care to include physical, psychological, emotional, and socio-economic assessment in the care of patients with a life limiting diagnosis.
- Assumes primary clinical responsibility for assigned patients from admission to discharge.
- Educates patient, family and staff on diagnosis, treatment program and resources available
- Provides nursing care with kindness, sensitivity, in a manner that preserves and protects patient autonomy, dignity, and rights.
- Collaborates with staff to assure a high quality of patient/family care and participates as an active member of the interprofessional team.
- Interprets and carries out the Palliative Care philosophy to patients/families while meeting regulatory requirements for home care.
- Promotes coordination of services by communicating with program staff
- Completes mandated documentation in a complete and timely manner while maintaining clinical records in accordance with agency policies. .
- Provides nursing interventions as identified by the plan of care including patient/family education thru ongoing evaluating and assessing
- Acquires and maintains an expert working knowledge of all third party payers and regulatory bodies and agency policies on issues related to documentation and care provided
What You Will Need:
- Registered and Licensed Nurse in the State of Massachusetts.
- 1-3 years medical surgical nursing experience required
- Home Care or community health nursing strongly preferred
- RNs in this position are required to demonstrate competency in IV and Phlebotomy within one year of their date of hire.
- Excellent judgment, communication and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Valid Driver’s License - Must have a car and a valid Massachusetts driver’s license. Motor vehicle report will be reviewed and final hiring decision will be based on information obtained
What You Need to Know:
- Location – 77 Mill Street, Westfield, MA
- Region- Westfield and surrounding towns
- 40.0 Hours per week - Evenings
- Evenings Monday - Friday- schedule either 12pm -8:30 or 1PM- 9:30 or 2PM-10:30- and then on call until 12M
- No weekends,
- Driving Required - See Fleet Policy Below
- Resume required
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.