PSC Phlebotomy TechnicianApply Now
Location: Worthington, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is seeking a Full-Time PSC Phlebotomy Technician
- Accurately identifies patient and/or specimen, selecting correct patient and/or episode when performing registration/order entry functions. Completely and accurately labels specimens.
- Competent assessments of vein size, location and position for vascular access. Handles and responds to patient complications of blood collection
- Knowledge of specialized testing such as tolerance testing. Ability to calculate minimum or maximum blood volume to collect blood specimens from pediatric patients, according to protocol.
- Performs centrifugation, processing and routine and special specimen handling for accurate testing utilizing available resources to acquire information as needed.
- Performs patient registration thoroughly and accurately entering required information with adherence to compliance regulations; completes and secures appropriate diagnoses and signatures for ABNs and MSPs as required for billing. Ability to perform troubleshooting of registration and test ordering.
- Performs test ordering and other functions in lab computer systems, ensuring accuracy and completion of data entry.
- Contacts physician or appropriate parties for clarification of information. Performs intermediate level of troubleshooting of test ordering or other related functions.
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of formal phlebotomy or other medical program such as Medical Assistant, CLA, Technical Associate, etc. minimum of 12 months. If less than 12 months, will start in Phlebotomist I position until 12 months experience is completed.
- Proficient knowledge of phlebotomy and techniques acquired through clinical experience.
- Possesses typing skills and basic knowledge of computers. Speak, read and write English proficiently.
- Knowledge of medical terminology Ability to work under pressure and prioritize.
- Demonstrates excellent communication, teamwork and customer service skills.
What You Need To Know:
- Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm; weekend and holiday rotation.
- 40 hours per week
- Location: Worthington, MA
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Trouble applying or uploading a resume? We invite you to email us at talent.acquisitionFD@baystatehealth.org or call us at 413-794-3666.